View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
One can feel great (physically) while not feeling great about ones own self-esteem. Obviously Christine is not curled up in a fetal position in the hay loft, but there is nothing about that photo that screams "I look and feel fantabulous!" To put it another way, how do we know that her appearance hasn't contributed to her reticence to step out in public? Just like Greta Garbo or Doris Day... maybe she wants to be remembered the way she was...
That is true and I wouldn't blame her for that. I do think she has a nice life down in Kent though, it's just a shame she's been used as a scapegoat for this story in order for it to get more attention than it normally would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Of course it's a double standard. Nobody gives Mick grief about his protruding beer gut, but if Stevie sported such a protuberance, people would ask her when she was due. In any case, the main problem with old men and plastic surgery is this:

http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/

I want nothing but the greatest happiness for Christine; no matter what, she has made the world a more beautiful place forever. I'm just saying that if I were in her situation, I would not go quietly into the night- I would fight it tooth, nail and scalpel!
I think she did fight it while in the public eye but now she's retired she probably doesn't feel the need. But I do think she probably looks much better than that when she's dolled up. And that blog is hilarious.

Also, I just want you and Homer to know, I don't mean to pick on anyone, I just enjoy arguing