View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
What puzzles me, though, is that if this is true, where is the term "firing" coming from? If this is all there is to it, it seems Lindsey would simply quit, no? "If you don't postpone the tour, I'm not coming." That's called quitting. That's not being fired.

"Firing" suggests something else.

I have a feeling this isn't the whole truth.

I'm not saying it's a bald-faced lie necessarily - I'd hate to think that - but perhaps the truth is being "massaged" and key facts left out. It just doesn't quite add up otherwise.
My guess, and of course none of us know for 100% certainty exactly what happened, is that Lindsey requested the intermingled solo dates concept (discussed in other threads, seemingly confirmed by Rick Turner on FB) because of the spacing of the tour dates (which are, in fact, spaced out as we saw with the announcement this morning). The band said no to this, so LB asked about pushing back the FM tour. They said no to that, too. He dug in, they dug in ("impasse"), and Mick fired him after getting buy-in from the McVies and Stevie.

I suppose this is all just a theory based on publicly available information, but it seems like the most likely series of events, to me at least.