View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
So I "Facebook stalked" Bill Inglot, who is the guy at Rhino who put together the Expanded "Bella Donna" and "Wild Heart", as well as the Deluxe "Tango" (since Ken had nothing to do with that album). Turns out that Bill and I have a couple of mutual Facebook friends from Nashville. I complimented him on the great job he did with the Stevie remasters. I didn't even think about asking if they were planning on doing anymore expanded editions in her catalog...BUT...he DID address the possibility when he sent back this short reply...

"Thanks for the nice complement. I thought they came out pretty well and I hope that we can do the next two but there is not a firm plan for that at the moment"

To which I replied, "Oh wow! So there is talk of a Deluxe Rock A Little and Other Side of the Mirror? That would be great! Fingers crossed. I also hope for a Deluxe set of Fleetwood Mac's 1975 white album too, since they've already released the other four. 🙂 Thanks for replying. Appreciate it!"

And the last thing he wrote to me (probably rolling his eyes realizing he's communicating with yet another Stevie fanatic )...

"I wouldn't even say there is talk. At this point, it's been tentatively discussed but I wouldn't bet on it. As far as the 1975 album that's far more likely but also not firm."

That kind of bummed me out. The fact that with all three, they've basically been discussed but nothing is on the horizon for the near future. Boo!!! And the fact that he even says "I wouldn't bet on it." To me, that says that sales for BD and WH remasters probably weren't substantial enough to warrant anymore. I hope I'm wrong...and I hope he's wrong too. But it still sucks knowing we won't be seeing anything very soon...or maybe at all.

Still, though, it was nice of him to reply.
Maybe if he receives more messages it could hint that there is actually demand for this, but again, probably unlikely.