View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I understand your point and agree with it. However RAL was bad (IMHO) not just because of 80's synth pop. Many of the songs were totally not Stevie. They were words that Stevie would not say. I assume the partying got so bad that besides Iovine quitting there was not great music quality and then panic hit and they ran and got some pop songs for her to sing. The songs just did not have the depth that Stevie usually brings to an album or song. So it was not just the 80's sound that I did not like.
So back to my point, drugs ruined what could have been an excellent album. Plus her voice is not in great shape on the album. It was just a 2 year party while making the album. The music just did not seem as important anymore.
Well but in truth not so many of the songs weren't hers, apart from Talk to me and Some become strangers.

Personally I think the problem is that the sessions were so discontinued and the facts that Jimmy left, that led to wrong artistic choices in my opinion, like the inclusion of songs such those above for marketing reasons. If you look at the rest that we have from the RAL sessions many songs were much better than some that have been actually chosen for the album.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-15-2017 at 04:19 AM..