Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Things Learned About Stevie Nicks After Visiting Her Official Website
By Jess McGuire on October 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Don’t think that I’ve calmed down when it comes to my Stevie Nicks obsession just because I’ve travelled half-way around world and can’t stop listening to Miike Snow repeatedly, oh no. I still plan on making Stevie adopt me when she comes to Australia, and my new life goal is to organise a successful Fleetwood Mac tribute night (an aside: Darren Hayes, The Drones, Kylie Minogue, Eddy Current Suppression Ring – get in touch!)

I thought I’d go and frolic through Stevie’s official website, and look what I found – an ‘Ask Stevie’ section! The most recent question answered is in regards to Sheryl Crow’s breast cancer diagnosis which makes me think it may not be the most up to date list of Nicks-answered queries, but whatever. I have perused the 145 questions and answers, and here are some things I happened to learn about the divine Miss N.

STEVIE HAS A WINNING SPIRIT!
When asked what she thought got her through the difficult times, Stevie answered “I don’t like to lose, and that winning spirit has taken me thru most of my difficult times.” Top that, Anthony Robbins. Also, it’s interesting to note that Stevie spells “through” as “thru”. I am considering adopting this spelling as a tribute to her even though in the past it’s something that has made me feel a bit punchy.

STEVIE LOVES TO SLOW DANCE!
Says Stevie “I like to slow dance whenever possible, I even slow dance by myself during my solo shows!” I am considering taking up solo slow dancing as a tribute to her even though in the past it’s something that has made me feel a bit like a dick.

STEVIE FINDS AMERICAN IDOL HILARIOUS!
Stevie admits “I do watch it sometimes, I think it’s very funny, and if I was a judge I would be Simon Cowell!

GOODY STEVIE THINKS MYSPAZZ IS THE DEVIL!
“I think they are evil. Seriously, I think myspace.com has the potential to be a very dangerous site.” I am considering deleting my MySpazz page as a tribute to her even though in the past it’s something that has led to really **** bands I don’t care about thoughtfully wishing me a happy birthday on the 7th March.

STEVIE’S TASTE IN TELLY AND MUSIC IS KINDA WORRYING!
Her favourite television show is Judging Amy and her favourite band is Maroon 5. I think I can deal with that. After all, she’s Stevie ****ing Nicks, she can watch and listen to whatever she damn well likes.

STEVIE WOULD BE A VERY GOOD BEAUTY PAGEANT CONTESTANT!
“If I had one wish, it would be for world peace….” reveals Stevie. I am considering cancelling my Al Quaeda membership even though in the past it’s something that has ensured I have a place to crash whenever I visit Afghanistan.

Stevie Nicks, I love you more than ever.

http://www.defamer.com.au/2009/10/th...icial-website/