View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Actualy, La Nicks is mostly correct here. All of the rags at the time indicated FM broke up after Mirage. I mean TITN was five years later and in that time La Nicks released two solo records and did two or three world tours. LB was working on his third record and seemingly had no interest in FM until =, for whatever reason, he deceided to morph his solo record (presumably GOS) into TITN. But, accroding to most of the press and his own opinion later, he did not go willingly and in fact later backed out because the craziness was starting. So, for him to say he was totally committed to FM until he left in 1987 is not that accurate.

And people got all over La Nicks for her "enjoy my celebrity" comment - LB equates himself and his band to a sovereign If La Nicks had said this, she hardly would be given a free pass and instead would be called all kinds of names

I LOVE that she called him honey. I also think the Australians seem to get the best interviews.

Finally, wouldn't you just love to read Stevie's journals in 1987. Thank goodness she wrote it all down so she can reference it when she finally writes that book.
Stevie is full of crap. She was so out of it she wouldn't even remember. Lindsey, John, Mick, and Christine worked on TITN. Stevie came in for a few days sang some subpar songs and was on her way. She had nothing to do with that record IMO. Lindsey deserves the major credit on that one. I love that TITN was FM's second highest selling record because it proves to me that the lineup minus stevie could have succeeded without her.

Just some food for thought.