View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Very interesting!
This was the source article:

In that sense, Del Rey is championing the same values as her influential predecessors, few and far as they may be, or as bamboozled by the power systems in which they thrived. Consider “Beautiful People,” where she trades verses and coalesces on the chorus with the one and only Stevie Nicks, of whom I refer to as a bonafide badass. “I didn’t know what to except or that I could even ask her, Del Rey remarks. “When I went through ideas of women that could really add something to the record, she was the one we kept coming back to. ‘Bonafide badass’ is a great phrase for her. She’s really real. And she’s still ****ing touring, which baffles me. There are so few women doing that. You’ve got Courtney Love, who works, sings, tours… there’s not that many women who were making music in the ’70s or ’80s who still make music. It really is pretty crazy.”

http://www.flaunt.com/content/people/lana-del-rey
I'm excited to hear this collaboration, but Lana D. is a bit uninformed about the number of women from the ’70s and ’80s still making music. Joan Jett is still successfully touring and recording; Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart released an album recently and are still touring; Debbie Harry and Blondie just released a new album; Pat Benatar still tours; Cyndi Lauper is on the road with Rod Stewart; and Stevie's own bandmate, Christine McVie, has a new album coming out and will hit the road this summer. That's a lot of women from that era still out there killing it. Love Stevie, but she's not the only one....