View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lol...I'm agreeing with demon again here...

They had broken up and perhaps Stevie felt worse about embarking on yet another interband relationship (what a polite way to describe what was going on, haha) rather than specifically how it would effect Lindsey? Of course we';re only guessing but they hadbroken up and there had to be an element of "I don't care" from both sides about the other. There always is after a break-up, even if it's not true and you're in kind od denial.

Also, as much as I have respect for Mick for sitting Lindsey down and telling him what was going on (how do you tell a mate you're sleeping with his ex?! Jesus...) I'm not surprised that Lindsey was, well, not surprised! He'll have known just how Stevie behaved when she's romantically around someone and he'll probably have spotted it before anyone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Isn't everyone? Kind of a weird thing to say about someone you don't know.

Well Lindsey did say during the Dance era in an interview on camera (I think it was Fleetwood Mac Behind the Music?) that he more or less "wasn't surprised" when Mick told him what was going on between he & Stevie. Generally in these types of situations, one can make up stories (or alter what really happened) so as not to feel the villain. I'm guessing Stevie's version isn't quite as close to what really occured. I have mild doubts that she would be so terribly concerned about how Lindsey would feel. If anything, she may have suggested to Mick that they should "come clean" to Lindsey about it because of her devotion to the band itself... not Lindsey. They had, after all, broken up.

Just my theory. I could be way off. Probably am. Maybe one day we'll get it in a tell all book. And as Stevie has said before, by then, it won't matter.