View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
for sure.

but the timing would be most suspicious and lead to all sorts of rumors about why she's not recording.. I mean she's all excited to have Chris back and they do a big tour and it's a new chapter in the ongoing Mac saga and then…poof! Stevie bails.

How does that not in the press look like she refused to record with Chris? Even if she says no it's about Lindsey, come on, you did an album and umpteen tours with him after Chris left. You cried about missing Chris. Chris comes back and THEN you bail??

I don't see how she gets out of this without it backfiring on her PR-wise. I reallllly think she's holding out in order to get whatever it is that she wants, be that an outside producer or the exact producer she wants or whatever.

I'm willing to bet she's threatening not to record to get her way on something--- like how after SYW she held out the threat that she would not tour more than the original 40 dates (LB needed them to do more dates to make more money to make up for the money he would lose on the album from putting on more songs). She had whatever issues with the songs/running order/length of the album and said if you do things your way then I won't tour. They capitulated and she stayed on tour.

That's why I'd love to hear exactly what Mick said, how he phrased his comments.
Let's remember that in 2012 Mick was saying that he thought Fleetwood Mac would never, ever tour again. Then Stevie rushed out to Loose Women in June or July 2012 to reveal that the band would be touring again, 6 months before they officially announced the dates.

Mick should do an interview with Rolling Stone and say that Stevie Nicks is preventing them from releasing new material. Putting public pressure on her seems to work.