View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Review of the Fleetwood Mac CD Heroes Are Hard To Find
Thursday June 17th 2010, 9:04 am

Fleetwood Mac have been a heavy hitters in the Rock genre for quite a while now and Heroes Are Hard To Find is an excellent illustration as to why.

Heroes Are Hard To Find is a pleasantly varied, mix of 11 tracks that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly talented musicians. With many of the songs displaying a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Seemingly drawing from what I can only imagine are their own personal experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, heartbreak, pain, failed relationships and unattainable romance. They’re all here.

Listen to Heroes Are Hard To Find and I believe you’ll find there’s not much to dis-like about it. The songs are inspired, the production is simply outstanding, and this is clearly the work of a group of musicians in top form. So much so that if you’re even mildly into Rock music you’ll enjoy this CD.

While the entire CD is outstanding the truly standout tunes are track 2 – Coming Home, track 9 – Prove Your Love, and track 11 – Safe Horbour.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 – Heroes Are Hard To Find. Outstanding!

Heroes Are Hard To Find Release Notes:

Fleetwood Mac originally released Heroes Are Hard To Find on October 25, 1990 on the Reprise label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Heroes Are Hard To Find 2. Coming Home 3. Angel 4. Bermuda Triangle 5. Come A Little Bit Closer 6. She’s Changing Me 7. Bad Loser 8. Silver Heels 9. Prove Your Love 10. Born Enchanter 11. Safe Horbour

Fleetwood Mac: Bob Welch (vocals, guitar, vibraphone); Christine McVie (vocals, keyboards, Arp string synthesizer); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums, percussion). Additional personnel: Pete Kleinow (pedal steel guitar). Recorded at Angel City Sound, Los Angeles, California in July 1974.

http://chumphonlive.com/blog/kelliwi...-hard-to-find/