View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Manchester, NH Reviews/Pics

I just got back from the show and it was absolutely fantastic. I had never been to this arena before and I was quite skeptical. It seemed kind of old and definitely smaller. When we walked into the arena at around 7:40, there were already several people down at the stage. The rule was anyone in the first 15 rows could be at the stage. My mother and I usually always opt to go to the front of the stage, but she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is going through chemo, so we decided to stay in our 4th row center seats, which were unbelieveable.

The stage was terrible high and there were a few people making a fuss about the people at the stage, which I thought was understandable. There was this one poor woman who said she paid $900 for a front row seat and there were so many people blocking her. She started to freak out and cry. I think I would have been crying as well, but once the show started she seemed better.

As for the actual show: This is the Lindsey Buckingham show. From the songs he chooses, to his performance, to his incredible guitar skills, and to his interaction with the crowd, this is his tour. He is just unbelieveable. Stevie has gotten better since the last time I saw them (March 09), but she is still kinda boring. Her eyes never seem open and her voice is a bit questionable. She avoided some high notes and forgot some words. I love the woman, but shes starting to slip a bit. She was all smiles tonight though!

Monday Morning - Mick ran out on stage and everyone went nuts, followed by John who got just as much applause, and then finally those 2 crazy california lovebirds. This song is just a kickass opener. When the music burst in I just started screaming!!

The Chain - Stevie was doin some pretty cool tambo moves on this one. Although, it was quite difficult to hear her vocals. When the guitar solo started, she did a high kick which yes indeed made me squeal.

Dreams - "What you haaaaaaaaad". She went for that high note. Everything else was the same as usual.

I Know Im Not Wrong - Everyone was up and dancing for this one. Its just such a great concert song. The solo at the end just kicks ass!

Gypsy - She told the same story we've been hearing. The only thing that may have been different was that she said she didn't even know Lindsey lived a few houses down from her or something like that. I like how in the recent versions of Gypsy, Stevie walks around the stage at the end near the front of the crowd. When she neared the edge of the stage, everyone started screaming. I also love how she finishes off the song with a few twirls and a majestic pose. I wish I snapped a photo, but I was too busy drooling.

Go Insane - This was new to me on Lindseys solo tour, and the full band version is just fantastic. I love the way Lindsey's acoustic sounds through the loud speakers. I was dancin away to this one. At the end he fell on the ground and put his head in his lap. Pretty cool.

Rhiannon - I paid absolutely no attention to this whatsoever. This song has become so boring to me in recent years. I just decided to play with my camera instead. She avoided all high notes at the end.

Second Hand News - Bam Bam Bam Bam, such a fun jam. Lindsey got a ton of applause from this one. Everyone was screaming for him all night.

Tusk - Ok, I felt so embarrassed for Stevie at this song. Now don't get me wrong, I love Stevie with all my heart, her music has helped me so much, but I had a realization about her during this song. At this point, the LB show had already begun, everyone knew it. At the end of Tusk, Lindsey was just absolutely jamming, jumping around to both sides of the stage and people were eating it up. In the meantime, Stevie just stood in place and banged her tambo in the same motion for 3 or 4 minutes. She just looked so ridiculous with Lindsey bopping around, jamming, rocking, having so much fun, and her with her eyes barely open.

Sara - Lots and lots of SnL action during this one. During the first verse they made a lot of eye contact. I got a pic of the staged hug of course. When Stevie was walking backstage at the end of this song, I noticed her grabbing Sharon's hand and saying something to her. Didn't know what that was about.

Big Love - He needs to cut down the intro a bit. When he went into the guitar solo for this one, everyone went crazy!

Landslide - Stevie dedicated this to Sharon Celani. She told the story about how she met her in a tree house, ect. This was especially touching to me tonight.

Never Goin Back - I love the new little intro Lindsey does. Reminds me of the Rumours/Tusk version of the song. It was interesting to observe stevie during this one. She had her head faced away from the audience, with both of her hands stretching her skirt.

Storms - Oh gawd, what a heartbreaker. I must admit, I thought of my ex when she was singing this one. Definitely teared up a bit. She forgot the words to the second verse (as did I while I was singing along, so strange) and it took her a while to get back into it. I don't know why she doesn't look down at her teleprompter??

Say You Love Me - This was great! When it was Lindsey's verse to sing, Stevie went to Mick's drum kit and banged his symbol with her tambourine.

Gold Dust Woman - I don't know why they are stretching this one out. I liked the short and sweet version from the beginning of the tour. It was quite hard to make out her wail.

Oh Well - So much better this time than the last time I saw it. Everyone in the crowd was rocking along!

I'm So Afraid - Do I even have to comment? The man is a guitar GOD. At this point, I was jumping up and down.

Stand Back - YAY! Always a favorite of mine. Nothing particularly different, but I got a cool picture of her twirling which I will post soon.

GYOW/WT/DS - All the usual stuff. When Mick's solo comes to a close at the end of WT, Stevie, John, and Lindsey all charge the drum kit together. It was cool.

No silver springs.

I took a boatload of pics which I will be uploading soon enough.