Thread: The Upside
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

And CarneVaca... I'm not trying to nit-pick, or anything, but I don't think that 'Out Of The Cradle' suffered from a lack of promotion.

The record company released no less than three singles from the album, and filmed videos for every single one of them... Billboard Magazine did two features on Lindsey... and he appeared on Leno, Letterman (twice, if I recall correctly), Live With Regis & Kathy Lee, ABC In Concert, VH-1, and PBS (just naming the ones that come to mind)... not to mention the tour.

There were also print ads (in magazines such as Rolling Stone), and promo flats for displays in record stores.

'Out Of The Cradle' did not deserve to fizzle out at #128 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart... it's a brilliant album, and deserved so much more... but I really don't know what more could have been done to promote it.

(Again, I'm not trying to be nit-picky... and i'm definitely not picking on you, CV... but I should also add that "Family Man" charted at #90 on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles chart. If you're going to compare the two, I don't really think it can be considered a bigger "hit" than "Seven Wonders," which peaked at #19.)

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-28-2002 at 12:03 AM..