View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The reason why I mentioned this concert recording helped me in my life was because it was so high energy. I was in training for a very physical job that required peak fitness. This concert I recorded from the radio on a cassette tape. Yes, I said cassette tape because in 1997 my stereo still had a cassette player on it. So I would put this cassette in my Walkman and run outside and on the treadmill for months and months. If you listen to this concert, its very very upbeat and almost fast. Stand Back is a full cardio work out as well as Edge of 17. Even outside the rain is played faster than other tours. You can really get your heart pumping.

I was not aware the concert was touched and parts re-recorded for radio so the radio version is a little different at times (than this version here). Stevie flubs the lyrics to Rooms on Fire here but she always flubs the lyrics to Rooms on Fire. The radio edit version she nails every word and verse of Rooms on Fire. I was like.....WOW that rehab stint did wonders because she has never nailed the song in concert before. LOL Now I prefer the unscripted natural live version here.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-28-2018 at 09:57 AM..