View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Anyone here who still really likes Stevie Nicks?

I was shocked and angry when FM threw out Lindsey Buckingham. I'm not on board with the 2 new guys. I also think that the live shows kinda suck, some of the songs miss energy and spirit. But still - when I see photos or fanvids, she is still the Stevie Nicks I followed since 1979, and I still love her, it is like it is.

I also have the following points to make:

- Stevie has not made her dislike of Lindsey a secret in the last years, it was clear that she wouldn't want to work with him, plus - she has always been the one who had to deal with the most aggression from Lindsey. I'm actually more angry with every other member of the band what happened. Stevie was at least kinda honest about the band-problems.

- She is a great entertainer, her voice may be toast, but her ability to shine on-stage is still there.

- We don't know what happened, it'S possible that stevie has lost all contact to reality, but it is also quite possible, that Lindsey did something noone wants to talk about and that it was a whole-band-decision after all. I can't see why the benefit of the doubt works in Lindseys favour only.

- IF Stevie flexed her muscle, set an ultimatum and got what she wanted, she now DEALS WITH IT. She IS center of attention and carries the show, carries FM now and she does it well, much better than I anticipated. She works hard for her band now, I missed that during OWTS. For me, it is much more fun to see a happy Stevie who actually cares about being onstage with FM for a change.

- FM is a band fronted by two women and that is only fair, given the success of Christines and Stevies contributions.

- The raging misogyny here and elsewhere makes me really root for Stevie. The whole "How dare she, she is just a woman", "goat" and far worse, things people should really be ashamed of is so telling and says much more about the contributing "fans" than about Stevies abilites.

So, since the "who dislikes Stevie" thread is such a success, maybe some people would like to contribute here, creating a positive place for a change.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 12-06-2018 at 01:07 PM..