View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bob Welch saw them through five albums and lots of disruptions, as Burnette, Bramlett and Vito saw them through two albums and not simply disappearing. Someone bought those records and saw those shows. For them to all get treated badly at all now doesn't elevate the B&N incarnation to me, it just denigrates other musicians. I can imagine them feeling like they were sorry they bothered to contribute. In fact I wonder sometimes why B&N being so totally brilliant ever joined the drummer, keyboardist and bass player who could have turned out such other shameful recordings that they now want to pretend they don't exist. Can you say it's insecurity? Pretty weird. At least Nicks seems to still validate Bob Welch's existance. Probably the more they try to ignore and hide these other albums the more curious some people will get anyway. Pandering is lame, and the more they pander to the Rumours 'era or mystique' or whatever it is the more I shake my head. Letting the fans run your band is a big big mistake. Hopefully they've made an interesting album and not just slapped some kind of self indulgent Rumours retro sound alike attempt together to make money. Hopefully they really wanted to work together again for creative reasons and not for lack of support or new things to try.