Thread: Has PG retired?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
When I read in an above post that Fleetwood Mac did him harm it seemed a little weird to me to be honest.
Tom, I never meant the band members themselves. I wrote the time with Fleetwood Mac (and White Sky/Kolors). By that I meant the bad show-biz people you too are referring to, plus the drugs and pressure put on his young shoulders.

Quote:
If Peter head never entered the music buiness at any point in his life would be have been better off? I'm just asking.
If whatever mental issues that surfaced came along anyway, and he was driving a truck for a living, what kind of help would he have gotten?
That's a good question! There are evidence that mental illness may be drug induced. If that was the case with Peter is impossible to say. However, drug induced or not, I imagine that mental problems must be harder to handle surrounded by the paranoia of show-biz, than a quiet life driving a truck.

Quote:
But I think he's a guy with a beautiful soul that can use music in a very positive way. Given the perfect circumstanes and situation - whatever that might be - the best therapy for Peter is probably playing music. As long as it's on his terms. And if he ever feels the kind of vibe that is displayed on this board he will see that there are indeed people in the world that love the sound he makes with voice and guitar, and that these people have no desire to "milk" anything out of him.

And if it comes to pass that Peter will never set foot on a stage or in a studio, then I hope he sits with a guitar now-and-then and plays it for himself, and it puts a little smile on his face.
Agreed!!

Last edited by dansven; 09-16-2006 at 06:16 PM..