Thread: Has PG retired?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Ledgie

It seems strange to blame the "music business" completely. When I read in an above post that Fleetwood Mac did him harm it seemed a little weird to me to be honest. If Peter head never entered the music buiness at any point in his life would be have been better off? I'm just asking.
If whatever mental issues that surfaced came along anyway, and he was driving a truck for a living, what kind of help would he have gotten?

It seems to me that the people he got hooked up with did him harm, and there are unfortunately many bad ones in the "biz". By the time Elvis died it seemed like he was surrounded by yes-men, and he had no true friends. And look at Brian Wilson. He was under the influence of a real bad doctor (to put it mildly) who used his connection with Brian for personal gain. But Brian ended up getting much better once the right people were there for him.
I got the feeling in reading Mick Fleetwood's autobiography that he is someone who truly feels for Pete. What if Peter had gone ahead with the deal that Mick tried to work out for him a number of years ago?

I'm not a Greeny expert like many of you. So I may not be as well versed in all the details. But I think he's a guy with a beautiful soul that can use music in a very positive way. Given the perfect circumstanes and situation - whatever that might be - the best therapy for Peter is probably playing music. As long as it's on his terms. And if he ever feels the kind of vibe that is displayed on this board he will see that there are indeed people in the world that love the sound he makes with voice and guitar, and that these people have no desire to "milk" anything out of him.

And if it comes to pass that Peter will never set foot on a stage or in a studio, then I hope he sits with a guitar now-and-then and plays it for himself, and it puts a little smile on his face.

And I hope he hasn't become scared that every person who comes along and wants to shake his hand is looking to get something from him.