Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 09:15 AM

Chrissie Hynde Talks About the All-Star Ensemble That Contributes to the Pretenders' New Album

Hynde says she doesn’t necessarily get a thrill out of playing to a hometown crowd in Akron, but she’s excited generally at how the current tour, which finds her playing arenas with Stevie Nicks and then headlining smaller theaters on her own, has worked out.

“You know, I feel the same wherever I play,” she says. “We’re on stage and in the band doing what we do. I get off within the band experience and hope everyone else likes it. In the past, I felt like hometown gigs are ones where you’re observed by people who know you. That makes it feel like more pressure. I don’t feel that anymore. I do the show and hope we do a good show. It’s good to see friends, but we have to drive to the next gig. Stevie takes time off, but we do on our own shows on the days off, and it’s fantastic. With her, it’s a different experience. I don’t like being in big places, but the arenas are very personable. I really enjoy those shows. And we can do our own shows. It’s the perfect tour.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...ders-new-album