View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Look at how many people just on this board have dismissed Time altogether because Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine are not on it, when we know that's not entirely true.
How about a lot of people don't like it because it isn't to their taste? Where is this memo that says that just because you like certain albums from the band you have to like everything they ever recorded? I'm fed up with this attitude that just because people don't appreciate that album their taste in music is somehow limited. I listen to a lot of music, even your beloved Guided By Voices believe it or not, but just because I like Mystery To Me or, god forbid, Rumours, doesn't mean I'm going to find anything that appeals to me in Time. Given the amount of different and varied songwriters that have been in the band over the years it's pretty extreme to expect people to like them all just because they share the same bass player and drummer. If someone only likes the band for Christine or Stevie (and what is so wrong about that?) I see no reason why they should like Dave Mason or whoever.

Last edited by trackaghost; 05-08-2009 at 01:09 PM..