View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Nope. Fleetwood Mac had an album titled Another Link In The Chain
That much I knew. I remember in an article or one of the AOL or Prodigy live chats that the album was retitled because they thought there would be some confusion with the box set.

Quote:
set to go with Billy, Dave & Bekka, sans Christine that was submitted to WB for a Christmas '94 release. WB rejected the album under some stipulation contractually that Christine HAD to be involved. Source? October 1994 show, T-shirts with album cover art and release date.
Yeah, I have both of those shirts. I never took Christine's name not being on the shirt as anything more than she wasn't touring. (Why would her name be on a concert t-shirt if she wasn't actually playing the concerts?)

Of course, there was this little exchange on a Q&A beween Billy and an amazingly handsome guy:

Quote:
Why did you and Dave have so few songs on Time, and Christine so many? (Steve MacDougall)

I had quit the band and then was asked to rejoin. Once I returned, I just did the 3 songs because they were already into the album.
So, given just what we've read from the 7/4 article, from the Q&A, and those pics of the pre-tour group, does it sound as if Christine wasn't involved with the project at that time? For that matter, does it not sound as if Billy's involvement with the project came afterwards? Think about it. If they had an album in the can for a Christmas release, it would have had to be finished by at least July. Christine was still listed as a member of Fleetwood Mac in July, at least by the band (and I'd think they'd know best).

Quote:
The WB rejection part I have read & committed to memory...don't remember exact source, but it WAS a trade publication.
I'd have to see it. I know what you mean, though. I have a hard time believing that the article that stated it was rejected because of Christine not being on it as being true, though, as many, many people have screwed Christine's post-Mask tour involvement up REALLY badly. Look at how many people just on this board have dismissed Time altogether because Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine are not on it, when we know that's not entirely true.

THE Stephen Hopkins