View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She did not play arenas but much smaller venues that held several thousand people. She did tour the entire USA going to all corners.....Ft Lauderdale, FL, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Houston, Jackson NJ, Boston, etc. In Pittsburgh she played the Stanley Theater which was a standard for major bands who could not fill the bigger Civic Arena. Today the Stanley Theater is the Bennedum Center in Pittsburgh which is the place Broadway shows come to town to perform. But back in the 1970's and 1980's the Stanley Theater was played by just about every rock band in history including Fleetwood Mac. One cool thing about the Stanley Theater is that it was voted the #1 venue in the USA for a rock concert due to its acoustics and beautiful historic charm.
https://sites.google.com/site/pittsb...ter---rock-era

I could never understand why Christine was not a major draw in attendance. She sung many hits with the Mac and had a big hit and another in the top 40 when the tour was progressing. I saw the show in Pittsburgh and there were only a few hundred people there. I have routinely said her 1984 show was the best concert of my life (and I have seen just about ever band from Metallica, Slayer to Cher and Boz Scaggs).

I have never been able to confirm this but I heard many shows were cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. But I have not read what city was cancelled. I saw her tour bus in 1984 and it was named after John McVie's boat "The Challenge." It was parked just a block or two from the theater. Gosh I wish I had a camera with me back then.

I love everything about Christine. She is the accidental rock star. So grounded. So humble and so beautiful. One of the highlights for her solo concert was seeing her sing at center microphone for a few of her solo songs. Talk about cool! Don't you wish we could all just go back in a time machine sometime?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-13-2015 at 06:56 AM..