View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Yes, the thread was first titled "1 favorite song" and I forgot to change the numerus.
But hey, I'm not a native speaker and the native speakers here often use sloppy grammar. Let's see your selection.
Yeah sorry Dino - I'm a congenital pedant !

Like several others ,my top five is constantly changing But much as I love his playing I have to limit it to his compositions rather than self penned blues that showcase his playing ' so :

1)Green Manalishi -fabulously intricate ,with each new guitar or guitar /bass link being a little more complex than the last almost like a classical piece of music but all within only a few minutes (difficult to play)
2)Man of the World -one of the worlds greatest blues songs that is not at all in a blues structure
3)Albatross- beautiffully simple the antithesis of Manalishi
4)Before the Beginning
5)Black Magic Woman- Even without the remarkable guitar playing a classic simple song
5a)Oh Well pt 1 (sorry! 5 is not enough! )

I have to be honest and confess that I'm not that well aquanted with his post Fleetwood Mac songs
Also thanks Dino for putting up a constructive poll unlike the other recent ones !How can a total of 8 votes be a representative sample ?