Thread: No Spoken Word
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I could be mistaken, but I think the Wild Heart and (especially) Rock a Little were dropping down the charts well before the third singles were released, so they can't really be blamed for killing the albums. Not than I'm a fan of Nightbird, that was a horrible decision to make that song a single. Same with Two Kinds of Love.

"Two Kinds of love... one for the way you walk... and one for the way you love me." Man, those are pretty bad lyrics.
Oh yes the albums were dropping right after the lead single peaked. But that is typical of every album for the most part. I think it was Paul Fishkin who stated his regrets in releasing Nightbird. I think he said if Enchanted was released they could have sold another million albums. While I cant stomach most of RAL, there were plenty of cheezy synth pop songs that could have charted (with a video) over the raspy HAWAFY.
I am not expressing my opinion of what song I like for singles. I am just saying the wrong songs were chosen for third singles on Wild Heart and RAL. Better singles with videos (two kinds of Love) can keep an album afloat, that is all I am saying. Its hard to find any hits from the mid to late 80's that did not have videos. Its clear when a record company does not care an artist does a video in the 80's they agree the album is dead.

The lyrics you hate, I sort of love especially once Stevie explained them. Two Kinds of love are love and lust. One for the way you love me (love) and one for the way you walk (the lust after someone when you see them walk towards you or walk away with their buns shifting). I thought she did great in that. But you like the Talk to me kind of songs

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-15-2017 at 06:38 PM..