Thread: The Practice
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Has anyone read Camryn Manheim's book? It's something to read if you want a laugh.

At one point, she tells of going clothes shopping with her mother. She'd tell her mother to get her a certain size and slip it to her under the door of the dressing rooms. Her mother would come back with a size four, shake her head, and snicker.

She's a class act, I have much respect for that woman. I wrote her an email a few years back to tell her how inspiring she is and she wrote me back; that's admirable.
I have not read her book, but I saw her interviewed telling that story to promote the book. I don't remember the mom laughing; I thought it was that the mother was trying to trick her into thinking she was gaining weight so she'd diet, and so finally in the middle of a store Camryn screamed at her "I'M FAT, MOM!!!"

And I remember Camryn talking about how she loves motorcycles.

- Jake