View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Junior Ledgie

I believe I was Cheryl's (Cusella) first date. It was a double date (thank god) so it was not like we saw each other much before the date. She just wanted to be with her best friend Melinda, and my friend need someone with a car. I don't remember much about the date.....but probably a disco for the 18 and under crowd...Mabel Murphy's-on a sunday night....maybe?

There was not a lot to Cheryl back in early 1979...very shy (at least around guys), but she was very attractive.

Her mom worked many years as a waitress at Coco's in Scottsdale's fashion square area. She seemed to be the bread winner of the family, making life for young Cheryl, Theresa, and Nino a challenge early on . I remember even back then the rumor that Cheryl was related to Stevie Nicks, but at the time, I really did not put much thought into it.

I remember meeting Cheryl's stepdad (Theresa's dad), and at the time got the impression he was a Vietnam veteran with a lot of personal issues, but then it might have been me getting the once over by a weary stepdad

Fast forward to June 1986, I remember hearing Cheryl was going to the Stevie Nicks concert at Compton Terrace. Limo/Backstage...I believe her and Stevie met for the first time that evening. If you ask me, this is where she met the people who steered her in the wrong direction, and took advantage of her connection to concert world. Before she knew it, she was beyond the point of know return, and people got hurt.

The last I had contact with the Cesella's was in 1989, when I move to California.

C

Last edited by 1979 friend; 08-23-2010 at 02:00 AM..