View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
They could have given Lindsey May and June and part of July to solo tour. The band could have rehearsed and been ready for a Labor Day tour opener.
While this is a good point, I doubt it was that simple. This was a really drastic move to take and I can’t imagine them following through with it after all this time unless sh*t really, really hit the fan at an irreparable level. I assume the schedule issue was just the initial spark that started this and that it just kept spreading and getting bigger until the whole damn place was burnt to the ground.
While things are always pretty tense with them, it’s definitely seemed especially bad over the past few years. I mean she endlessly delayed things and then when they finally went out she made it very clear that she wasn’t into the back to back tour situation and didn’t really want to be there. Throw in the fact that it’s now been almost a solid decade of the guys trying to push a new album and being shut down by Stevie every single time. Which then meant Lindsey had to release all his songs on Buckingham McVie and some solo records. Which affects his livelihood considering the vast difference Stevie’s presence causes when it comes to pay scales, visibility, and touring revenue. Meanwhile she’s probably equally bitter and resentful of them for going out and making a duo record without her. Not to mention in the middle of the fm tour (that she didn’t want to do in the first place), she releases her own solo record, attracts a ton of attention for being part of the AHS storyline, and somehow winds up - alone - on the cover of Rolling Stone, which evidently pissed the others off so much that they refused to have any part of it and wouldn’t even acknowledge the interviewer.
With all of that resentment and pettiness towards each other already lingering, I bet the tourdates were just the straw that broke the camel’s back. I’m sure it blossomed into a much bigger fight and everything came to a head and just spiraled downward from there and by the end, the schedule was the least of their problems because they weren’t going to be able to coexist regardless of what month the tour starts. I think their statements since then make this extra clear by flat out saying lindsey is no longer a member and that it’s “final” and “firm”. If this was all over tourdates, they would announce that Lindsey will be sitting out for this tour due to scheduling conflicts. The fact that he’s actually been completely fired from the band tells me that the rift went a whole lot deeper and is much more personal.