View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

David--

I've seen Fleetwood Mac one time. It was okay. I enjoyed LB's guitar playing. Granted, my seats sucked, but I wouldn't rank the show as one of my favorites.

I don't think the animosity is toward FM per se...but toward the fact that the bill will be split. Over the last few years, the Eagles setlist has become a "greatest hits" collection with the new songs slowly being removed from the setlist and even the acoustic set (with some of the standout performances of the evening) being cut for time.

Having to share the bill with anyone will create even more cuts and reduce the chance of anything interesting happening.

Do FM fans think that their set will be anything more than the Greatest Hits as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
One thing I noticed is signifigantly more animosity towards Fleetwood Mac from fans on the Eagles board than there is towards the Eagles here. I find that to be dissapointing. Am I more partial towards FM? Absolutely. But I have seen the Eagles 4 times and for the most part enjoyed myself with the notable exception of watching Glenn Frey "attempt" to still sing You Belong To The City. While I understand there is a natural rivalry between the bands since they were/are competing within the same genre of music, were not talking Red Sox/Yankees here! Cant we all just get along?