Thread: show yo mug
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, I'm not going to belabor this issue too much, but with the recent comments by people about what other people look like, I felt compelled to offer some friendly advice on dealing with people that make comments like that. I dont think I need to tell very many people here that being a gay man, there is alot of pressure to be, 1.Thin, and 2.have a great appearance. Frankly I am neither of those. I've been the target of numerous jabs when I go down to the bar about being out of shape and not looking as good as I could, and while yes I will admit I am a fashion disaster and need direction in that area, as far as the weight thing goes, I really am comfortable with who I am. I certainly could shed some weight, no doubt about that, but I am NOT going to stop living my life and stay home like a hermit just because I dont fit any particular persons image of what I as a gay guy should look like. The bottom line here is, I think people will appreciate you as a person much more if you let them see the real you and if they dont like that, well, F**K em move on.

Last edited by DavidMn; 11-27-2007 at 05:03 PM..