View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has struck a great balance in her current tour, IMHO. While groupings of lesser-known songs occasionally lag, fans leave satisfied after the explosive conclusion of some of her greatest hits.

With so much material, I don't think any songs the band would choose to play would be such deep cuts that they wouldn't go over well. And between the three writers, there are soo many hits that even if it's not a Rumours tour onstage, casual fans will still recognize most songs and be thrilled.

I think what the band doesn't realize is that time is actually their greatest ally now... While they've expressed reluctance to play brand new songs on tour because they don't want to cut people's "favorite" songs, at this point nearly their entire catalog is "old"... Therefore younger fans (such as myself) have access to, and enjoy, the same catalog as lifelong fans, and even so-called casual fans who might have only picked up their first few albums in the beginning are accustomed to the band through radio/movie soundtracks/covers, etc.

I brought a friend to see Stevie this year and literally the only song she knew was Edge of Seventeen... Now Moonlight is her new favorite song, just based on Stevie's performance, which blew it out of the water. I think FM still has the power to inspire people's new favorite songs.