View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Just as amazing...

Happy 25th anniversary to one of the greatest albums EVER MADE!

Listening now in honor of OOTC. I didn't know who Lindsey Buckingham was in 1992. I was a sophomore in high school, listening to mostly Christian and pop music.

This is a timeless album that will forever be one of my favorites. It means more to me now than ever, with the loss of my mom. I just don't understand when people say that LB is not that great of a lyricist. You don't have to write complicated words and phrases to get a point across.

This album is so chock full of atmosphere, it's ridiculous. The spoken intro before Surrender the Rain transports me to some Mexican town listening to some dude play a guitar in the corner of a bar, while LB does a poetry slam. Surrender the Rain makes me think I'm at a carnival. Street of Dreams...I'm in a dark alley, rain falling down as I look up to the sky, crying my eyes out. Soul Drifter, running out in a field of flowers, in the sunshine. Doing What I Can, out in the desert, snake moving along the ground, buzzards circling overhead looking for the next victim.

A memory that comes to mind is when my dad, myself and my aunt went to Colorado years ago and I was listening to this album as we drove among the majestic mountains. The music filled my heart with so much joy, I started tearing up.

I use the opening guitar from Countdown as my ringtone.

Masterpiece.