View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I'm tired of the excuses, not that some songs don't work well live compared to their studio versions (that's true), but that the band couldn't find a version or arrangement they were comfortable performing/did justice to the recording. Come on. If they put their minds to it, they can do it. I heard that excuse for why they didn't play Little Lies in 97. Look at it now, it sounds fine.
They were able to make Everywhere sound good live back in 1997 and now. They should be able to do Hold Me.

Do we still think it's true that they did rehearse Hold Me and had planned on it being in the set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Neither does: Why, Black Magic Woman, Albatross, Oh Well (and anything else pre-1975), Crystal, Oh Daddy, I Don't Want to Know, Beautiful Child, Angel, Sisters of the Moon, Storms, Think About Me, Fireflies, Love in Store, Isn't It Midnight, etc.

I guess the difference is Hold Me was one of their highest performing singles, and THE LEAD SINGLE for Mirage (not Gypsy, surprisingly).
Sisters of the Moon has been played a lot on recent tours hasn't it?
We all know it's very unlikely that they'll play anything pre 1975. But for 1975-1987 stuff Hold Me was a big hit. There's not any Tusk or Mirage songs on the set from Christine.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 10-04-2014 at 12:01 AM..