Thread: Gold Dust Woman
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
For me, I am a big fan of Straight Back and when Mirage first came out I played the cassette to death. When I finally got around to listening to the album I noticed that SB was much different on the album versus the cassette. There are a lot of layers of vocals missing from the album version. When the remaster came out a few years ago and I saw several different versions of SB I got excited. Lo and behold none of the versions on the remaster are the same as the cassette either. I was really disappointed even though the other versions are good too. I did notice that one version has a slight drop out that bothers me every time I hear it. Not sure how that got by quality control. I burned the cassette version to a CD years ago, but I was hoping that I could get a more pristine copy of the cassette mix.
Yep! When I finally got around to buying Mirage on CD(early 90's?), I was SHOCKED that SB was almost completely different! Extra vocals, AND the guitar licks at the end weren't on the cassette version I'd listened to for years. So was the original album version different than the cassette???