View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Every artist has the way they create art. For Lindsey it is very much building track upon track. I love that, others don't. I don't criticize Sturgill Simpson for cutting an album in 2 weeks. That is how he makes his art.

It is mind boggling how he can keep track of so many tracks. (pun intended) After all this is just one of 10 songs and god knows how many others in various states of build. What he hears is very different from what I hear, but he is for sure one of the most course driven musical ideologues of the last 40 plus years.

But when he works for someone else it can be very different. The Killers talked about how he came in laid down lots of guitars, worked his layering and varispeed penchants throughout the song and 11 hours later he was done.

I for one love the music for what he is. He makes songs that sound like no one else, in way few others do and they become distinctly his. Sure, I have my preferences, but I so appreciate his gift and am very thankful that he and Christine gave us one more round of original music that for all intensive purposes was Fleetwood Mac.

(and they even tracked as a foursome, good luck finding the basic tracks in the mix)