View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can't wait to get my hands on this. Now, most people might think, "Wow, we're on tour playing before people who like our music. If we have a new album collection coming out soon, just before the holidays, we might want to mention that to someone, when we're onstage." But no, not our guys.

Michele
What I articulated from your post is the feeling the band are missing the opportunity to market this new expanded version of Tusk as their tour wraps up. I suspect the band itself had little or nothing to do with with this project/compilation.

It appears that Warner licensed the material to Spin, an independent company that specializes in repackaging material to specific markets. Many companies like this are industries unto themselves. Just look at Spin's website and you'll understand the concept. It's all legitimate and credible, but absent of direct artist involvement.

No doubt, it will be interesting to hear the live material. On their LIVE album, some songs were heavily polished up post-production. Much like the (disappointingly skimpy) bonus live disc from most current reissue of Rumours, we'll get the unvarnished, more raw performances. Also, an alternative reconstruction of the Tusk album with demos, early versions and outtakes is very intriguing.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-25-2015 at 05:15 AM..