Thread: Fall TV Shows
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm kind of OD'ing on television at the moment. The TV is always on when I'm home regardless of what I'm doing so I can keep up with something. I'm always recording something, downloading something or watching it on a networks web site.

I adore documentaries. My favorites are those dealing with animals and history. I know better than to watch the animal documentaries because there's a pretty strong chance I'll end up bawling like a 2 year old because one of the animals die so I try to keep those to a minimum if I can. The National Geographic Yellowstone wolf documentaries left me devastated.

I'm addicted to Investigation Discovery and watch a good deal of that.

As for scripted shows:

The Blacklist (I don't believe I could love James Spader any more than I do in this show)
Person of Interest
Forever
Legends
Sleepy Hollow
Scorpion (I liked the pilot enough to want to stick around for another episode or two at least)
Matador (I ended up liking this more than I thought I would)
The Bridge (US version but I adore the original Bron Broen as well as the UK version)
Please Like Me (Australian, I look forward to this every single week, such an amazing show)
Plebs (UK)
The Code (Australian)
Republic of Doyle (Canadian, starting its final season 15th October)
Manhattan (I can't help it, I love history and am a big fan of Ashley Zukerman from his days on the Aussie show "Rush")

I'll be watching Supernatural, The Walking Dead (my German Shepherd loves this show--he likes to bark and growl at the zombies, I can't imagine why!) and White Collar when they all come back for fall. Constantine is a new show that will be starting up next month. I watched the pilot several weeks ago and liked it enough to want to try the full series and see just where they take it.

My guilty pleasures:
Bob's Burgers (I love animation and this show absolutely makes me forget my crappy day)
The Strain and Z Nation (both of these shows are amazingly bad but that's why I keep watching them: to see just how much worse they can get and they don't disappoint).

I'm positive there's more than I watch on a regular basis but my old lady brain just isn't remembering it at the moment. I will basically give any show a shot if it sounds like it has an interesting story line. What sells me is a strong story, strong writing and characters I can care about. If I can't find any of that I go back to my documentaries and ID.

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give silly answers."--Stephen Fry, A Bit of Fry & Laurie