View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I agree with all of this. It bothers me to watch this video. I think those who criticize Stevie for this speech are missing the context. This is not her typical endless self-absorbed speech (which I always love because she never used to talk much). She’s in an emotional state. She is never a good public speaker and she’s struggling, resulting in rambling. I am quite certain of this.
I find Stevie's six-minute speech very endearing and engaging. But then I usually do. She's a born charmer, and she visibly charms the audience. You can see their delight.

Quote:
And to see her friends and longtime teammates poking fun of her, causing the audience to laugh without her knowing why, is disturbing. Lindsey is not the only one at fault.
I'm also charmed—always have been—by the other four when they're grouped together at an event like this. I find their cavorting and the subtle Brit antics very funny. That discrepancy between Stevie's earnest, heartfelt words and the Ritz Brothers response from the other four is, to me, at the heart of Fleetwood Mac's crowd appeal, onstage or off.

moviekinks.blogspot.com