View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The 9 songs I was referring to were the 4 you mentioned, plus Black Magic Woman, Don't Dream It's Over, I Got You, Storms, and Free Fallin'.

I haven't heard any of the audio from the concert, so I can't comment on how the band sounded, but I'm excited about the set list. I don't care for Oh Well, World Turning, BMW, or TMATTYD, but since I've never heard the last 2 live, and I like the idea of switching lead vocals, again, I'm more excited than I would have been. For example, I don't care for Christine's song Why, but if Lindsey sang it live, I would be more interested and curious to hear it than I would have been otherwise. Same thing with BMW. Not sure why anyone spit on Lindsey's version of Oh Well, he did as good a job as anyone else, as far as I was concerned. It's just not a song I like no matter who's singing it. I appreciate your background in music but yeah, we will all have different opinions about music and songs and it doesn't mean one person is right or wrong for liking a song or not. I don't know that Mike sings much, but I saw a video of him singing Free Fallin' and I thought he did a great job... and that's a song I don't care for, and I really hate Stevie's recorded version, so I doubt I'll like her live version.

I noticed FM never performed Isn't It Midnight when Lindsey and Christine toured with the band, or on the Buck/Vie tour, so I wonder if maybe he doesn't particularly care for that song live? Although I'm sure if Christine really wanted to sing it, they would have, I just thought it was interesting.

I am extremely excited to see FM in early November and LB in late November! This is an incredible and unbelievable opportunity to see 2 great concerts in a short period of time. I really am not much of a concert goer at all, I've probably only seen 10 different artists in my lifetime, but FM is a band I've seen 4 other times, and I imagine this will be my last time seeing them.
Great post and great attitude. I have no interest in seeing this version of FM but I get where you are coming from. Have fun at both shows.