View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I know some people wanted new music for this tour, but considering that 9 of these songs are songs FM either hasn't done in 40 years or never done before, that's like having 9 new songs.
i guess my math is different but you and i can get that sorted out in Canton!

i see only 4 songs that were really different in the set:

Tell Me All the Things You Do- vocals by Neil
Hypnotized
Isn't It Midnight
All Over Again

butchering of untouchable classic like Black Magic Woman? that's unforgivable. i'd rather hear it from a different cover band that can actually do it justice. if people who were spitting on Lindsey's versions of Oh Well are now saying this BMW is worth seeing? well in that case we definitely cannot talk music. your ears are calibrated way different then mine, and i had a lot of classic musical education, actually. oh i and people said while his guitar parts were ok Mike's voice on Oh Well was sad to listen to. most comments were - does he ever sing? good thing he didn't try to sing anything else.

i also heard I Got You clip, someone posted it in my fb group. oy wey. man. poor Neil. it's such a great song and sounded so bad yesterday. i'll look for cheap Neil local solo shows and maybe i get to hear it there how it's supposed to sound. i didn't hear DDIO from yesterday but people say that one was even worse. but at least i don't love that one as much as I Got You.

what else did i hear? someone tried to make me listen to some periscope some time last night and i just couldn't my ears were hurting. i did hear a clip of Storms (isn't that Lindsey's favorite SN song? he said something like that in Tusk reissue liner notes i think?), and what made that song live for me were Lindsey's gorgeous harmonies he pulled live in 2009. there was no harmonies. i had to stop listening.

Isn't It Midnight is nowhere near my favorites of Christine-Lindsey co-writes but i would have loved to hear that one from the 2 of them if nothing for Lindsey's guitar solo. maybe next BuckVie tour?

i heard a bit of Tell Me and sounded kinda ok but i don't really know how it's supposed to sound.

i didn't hear Second Hand News or Monday Morning from yesterday, but after hearing SHN from iheart i think Neil can actually sing these 2 specific songs better than current voice Lindsey. his SHN from vegas was a bit too sing-songy but it was a cute cover and he clearly enjoyed it. not as good as Keith Urban's version from Musicares, but not bad. so i suspect those 2 songs are well executed and well received. Go Your Own Way i did see the ending clip from yesterday and that was cringe-worthy. luckily i get to enjoy the real deal before the week's end!

All Over Again - as usual Christine is the gutsiest one in pulling deep and really deep cuts or rarely played songs. there was Think About Me on the last tour. Hold Me on BuckVie tour (not a deep cut but never played. i'm sure it would have been on this tour if LB was still there). so go Chris!

what else? apparently they let Stevie talk about some Frankenstein or something story and Neil wouldn't play ball with her and she complained that he was ignoring her.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"