View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
When Peter was playing the guitar, it did sing!

let us rejoice in what he recorded.
Ain't it the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbie7 View Post

Actually, it is Station Man (the live version). Granted, it seems to be a terrible mix but unless my copy has some serious problems (there does seem to be some sound cutouts) if you listen to it and about 3/4 of the way through the lead guitar just makes no sense. At all. I assume it is Danny's guitar.
This points to some of stuff I witnessed on the last leg of the KH tour (once Jeremy departed), particularly on the more extended jam material. At one moment Pete and/or Danny could be red hot, then seemingly in search of the lost chord. Like I said, I don't know if certain "substances" came into play at times, or just momentary breakdowns based on who-knows-what.

Interesting though, I was thinking, again, as I listened to Madison Blues this morning that, for me, it is really revealing of what the band was becoming. If you hold Kiln House in one hand and Madison Blues in the other you seem to be holding a short lived but totally promising version of FM. Especially on MB, but also on KH you get a sense of a real band, working together and some really nice intermingling guitars between Danny and Jeremy. Had things been different I think this band really could have gone places.

Absolutely. Plus the two of them would also have been able to provide valuable support for one another. We of the old guard have been blessed, but also deprived! We never got TPO-2, and yet at least some preparatory groundwork between PG and DK had already been laid for it instrumentally. Then we never got a revisit of KH, once Jeremy exited the stage. That too would have been nice, since they were really getting into a nice groove of their own. A somewhat redefined groove, but still a very pleasant one.

It is interesting to hear the guitar interplay between the two and realize that it is the reason PG brought Danny into the group because he wasn't getting that from Jeremy. Jeremy even says that lots of times, on stage, he would just sit out on Peter's stuff. Don't know if he thought he couldn't handle it or didn't care but here he is, doing that very thing with Danny. Hmm.

Wonder of wonders, eh? Jeremy always had it in him, it was just a matter of getting his heart in the right place and pushing more. He was plagued with insecurities of his own, not unlike Peter and Danny in their own rights. The only difference was, DK and PG had their hearts more into the music and projects. That's where the extra dedication came in. I personally will never hold anything against Spencer though. He did what his conscience told him to do, and no one should be faulted for following their heart. He went on to serve a different master, arguably a more elevated one. [Doesn't mean I don't lament his leaving though] Peter did too, in his own way. [Ditto again]. Moreover, without that happening, we may never have seen the emergence of Bob Welch and Christine McVie like we did (or Lindsey & Stevie for that matter), so it wasn't all for naught.

PS. Those shamefully bad lyrics I spieled earlier are little more than an inside joke I have going elsewhere. As Wouter reminds me, music is all about feeling the l*o*v*e. Say it again.