View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
My guess is she will participate eventually but not this year or even next. She will make the band wait for her. Just my guess.
Yeah, this is kind of what I've been saying for some time, too. We all know how Stevie prefers to flop between her solo and FM careers. After 3 consecutive years in a row of touring with FM, she will most likely want a break from FM. Especially considering she shelved any sort of promotion for her most recent solo album, and instead kept on touring with FM. I don't see a FM album coming out this year at all. Next year? Maybe.

My guess is Stevie will want to do at least some sort of small solo tour perhaps later this year for 24k Gold. Or maybe she will take off the rest of the year to write and put some demos to tape. We all know how the road with FM tends to inspire her. I also know with Lindsey and Christine contributing new material, Stevie will want something fresh to bring to the FM table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.
Ok, so where's the 5 year figure coming from? It's been 2 years since the EP, and 12 since Say You Will. Stevie's last albums were released 1 & 4 years ago; Lindsey's 4, 7, and 9 years ago; and Christine's was 11 years back. I guess the first time we heard rumblings of a new FM album was during the Unleashed tour, though- 6 years ago now?

Whatever the case, I hope Stevie gets on board for a FM album sooner than later. It's been 28 years since we've gotten any new studio work from the Rumours 5. The band is on the largest grossing tour of their career, and public interest has never been higher. It's time to strike while the iron is hot. They had the same chance following the Dance, and utterly bungled it back then by waiting 6 years to release new material. I sincerely hope they learned from that mistake, but something tells me they haven't.