View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bumperke
If that is true, there is no "band" feeling, so Christine left FM in 1994, instead 1997!
Well that's the main problem that I have with this album... I do not think that the individual songs are bad (except for "I Got It In For You" and "These Strange Times", mind you), but I see a lack of cohesion and chemistry between the members of the supposed band that make the album sound like a fragmented collection of solo numbers, something that had never happened with Fleetwood Mac, not even in the previous Behind The Mask lineup, which had a lot of collaboration in the making and producing of the album.

But that fact by itself is not enough to reject the album prior to hearing it! Christine's songs are impeccable; Bekka has a great voice and "Winds Of Change", "Nothing Without You" & "Dreamin' The Dream" are pretty good songs; my fave track is Billy's "Talkin' To My Heart" (SOMETHING of a band feeling after all!) and Dave Mason's "Blow By Blow" is a fantastic song too.

Don't let the reviews spoil the good music; this album is good. Not the best Fleetwood Mac album, by any means, but it's good music. Something you can always expect if Fleetwood Mac's involved.

Song of the moment - Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind