View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I actually agree with pretty much everything you said, at least in general. I didn't know she had left rehab early, but it does sound like she's been off cocaine since then, regardless. As far as intervening, that was my poor attempt to suggest that maybe friends or family in her life didn't call her out about her cocaine use because they were likely doing it right along with her, just perhaps not to the degree she was. Could you imagine Judy Garland accusing Elvis Presley of being an addict, for example?

As far as Stevie's feelings about the way the actual intervention was handled, I think it's understandable. Frontline's intervention took place after her tour, not before or during. Why? They wanted the income from that tour first! If her health and well being had truly been first and foremost on their minds, they would have done an intervention sooner, and I'm sure Stevie thinks that, too. Yes, an intervention was needed, and it did work, but I can see why Stevie fired Frontline for the way they handled it.

And I'm sure Stevie hated rehab. I've never met anyone who claimed to enjoy it. But I've read other interviews where she said it helped her get off cocaine, which is the most positive thing one can say about rehab.
actually the way she always tells it is that she went to the dr about her nose and he told her about the hole and that "the next time you do coke that could be the end" and she says "I had to go on tour knowing that. But you can't quit before a big tour so I had to go out on the road and be as careful as I could" while still doing coke before going to rehab...

She also has said forever that she hates being told what to do (and even says that's why her mother always told her she would need to be the boss whatever work she did) and Frontline , in her eyes, pushed her into rehab. And she hated the idea that it wasn't her choice; they did an intervention. She takes all the credit for it now, but......had they not, she wouldn't have been able to stop she was too addicted. Petty states that he worried about her a lot and that if he'd gotten the call that said she was dead he would honestly not have been surprised.