View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I do feel bad about the Klonopin era. I believe her that her friends and managers talked her into seeing the doctor. They had good reasons for how scary and out of control she was. However, at some point you need to take responsibility for your own actions. Its impossible for me to believe after years on klonopin and becoming a zombie those closest around did not persuade her to seek help. This is never talked about. Once someone asked Rick Vito and he refused to comment. It was only after she fell over and cracked her head into a fireplace that this "come to God" moment came to her and her friends that she get off this drug.
Probably for the same reasons no one intervened when she was doing cocaine *ahem*. The problem in this case is, it sounds like Stevie was taking the Klonopin as prescribed, but her doctor had her over medicated, so she wasn't actually misusing them. In other words, she wasn't getting them off the street, stealing from others, doctor shopping, etc. Her family and friends surely thought the doctor was legitimate and who are they to say a doctor is wrong? Also, they could have thought Stevie was depressed, not over medicated. The old adage is true, a person has to acknowledge there's a problem first before they can get any help.