Thread: "Crystal" Live?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

I always thought I knew what Goodbye Baby was all about, until the Jones Beach show that is. While waiting for the show to start I was standing talking to some friends right at the stage, we all had front row seats. I was just about to go take my seat and as I turned, walking towards me was a long lost, very dear friend who I have not seen in 20 freakin years. Basically I had pulled back from the friendship cuz I was just starting to come out and did not know how she would handle it (we were from Brooklyn, albeit different neighborhoods...ya know) Anyway we embraced for what seemed like forever, shedding tears that were comforting. If thats at all possible. We try and catch up and she informs me that she lost her huband in the World Trade Center attack. This made my heart just like collapse............

When Goodbye Baby started and Stevie sang those lyrics I again started to tear up thinking of my friend and her very tragic loss. This little song had more power than I had ever imagined. Don't get me wrong I always liked the song but it really hit home that night. I turned to look at my friend (she was like 7 rows directly behind me) and she was just transfixed with a smile and light tears, I got the feeling that she was being comforted by those words. My heart went directly to her at that moment, I don't think I have ever had that feeling before.

While talking after the coccert she said that song was all about that morning and she said "I'll be with him one day"

We will never lose touch again and that song should stay exactly where it is.......................