View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I've not voted in the poll, but I do want to say to Meowi, please do listen to Time. Homer encouraged me to and I'm glad I did. I don't enjoy Bekka's voice much (don't anyone please take offence at that, chances are you don't like half the musicians I do) but Christine outshines even her Tango songs on there. Nights in Estoril is in my top 5 favourite songs by Chris. I do agree that Bekka has the most trained voice, I just don't particularly like it. Like Chris said though, listen to Time even if it's just to say you don't like it
Thats ok though, to say, "I've listened to Time a few times, and Bekka's voice just didn't do it for me". I think the same thing about Lindsey Buckingham, but at least I can say I listened.

It really is just those who refuse to listen to Time that cause the angry response (at least from me).

Like I said earlier, Bekka has matured a lot from when I first heard her back in 1995. When I bought Time it was the current album and I thought to myself "This girl has a nice voice" but I wasn't totally into Stevie at that point so it didn't strike me as odd that she wasn't there.

Now having progressed through the years through the Bekka & Billy album and her solo album (or both if you count the one sold at shows) I can see how this young woman has developed an amazing voice and how much it has matured since 1995.

I do encourage anyone who doesn't like her Time stuff to go out and at least listen to her latest album.

Last edited by chriskisn; 05-20-2010 at 04:56 AM..