View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'm sorry but I can't see that. The tours between 87 and 96 were a lot more mediocre and flat than the ones between 2003 and 2013. And sorry, but the albums without Lindsey were extremely poor on original ideas. Say You Will, even if you hate it, was a lot more adventurous and surprising. What is soul? Little Lies or Say Goobye? Come on.

And, to be honest, the quality of Christine's songs are really upgraded in co-production with Lindsey.
I know I'm not WRONG
That is your opinion and I support your right to express your opinion no matter how wrong it is
This is all opinion. The Say You Will Tour was so boring and missing Christine. The Behind the Mask/Farewell tour was far superior to the Say You Will tour even with the klonopin issues.
Behind the Mask is a much better sound than Tango IMHO. I prefer the more rock n roll approach than the digital programmed music Lindsey was doing at the time.
Lindsey is a genius, one of the best guitarists, and ace producer but Christine still adds more depth to the band. The minute she joined, the band changed for the better. Without her, it was not Fleetwood Mac to me. Without Lindsey, it was still Fleetwood Mac to me. I would say the same about Stevie. She adds SO MUCH to the band but if she left, it would still be Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey does make Christine's songs better. But she wrote beautiful songs years before Stevie and Lindsey joined the band. Some of those songs are still some of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs.
Its funny you picked Little Lies as your example of a soulless Christine song. That is a Lindsey arrangement on mostly a Lindsey solo album.
I will ask the question back to you What is soul? Why or Caroline? Come a little bit closer or Family Man? Warm Ways or What's the world coming to?
Funny cause I think Say You Will is a great album. With Christine, it would have been sensational.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-07-2016 at 07:04 AM..