View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

A word of caution about collecting vinyl. Hopefully this
feeling will pass, but right now I'm kind of regretting my
return to vinyl.

I love the artwork. The sound can be better than CD's.
But everything has to be right.

I can't make up my mind if it's a good thing for OCD, or does
it cause OCD?

My compulsion has always been to chase the perfect sound.
I envy everyone that can just play an album on any system
without the process I go through.

Chase something you can catch.
It just takes a balance. The all-or-nothing approach doesn't work with music when the best sound is what you are after. Some artists/labels/genres sound better on CD. Some sound better on vinyl. For instance, I'd *never* buy Depeche Mode on vinyl because it's music largely created with digital instruments. Also, some labels and some bands always release terrible digital-to-vinyl pressings that sound bad on any system. It can be hit or miss.

In other news.....

I pre-ordered the new Regina Spektor album that released on September 30. It was a 2LP, clear vinyl pressing with a lithograph and bonus tracks.

It arrived with the "CLEAR VINYL" sticker on it. But...it was black vinyl. I was super annoyed at first, so I wrote to Warner and let them know. Turns out, all off the copies that were supposed to be clear were pressed in black by mistake, so Warner is sending out new copies in clear vinyl to everyone who pre-ordered it. In the end, I get two for the price of one, and I'm ok with that.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case