View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Ledgie

Default Stevie Replacements?

The idea of replacing Stevie is just.....I mean, I get the premise but, frankly, it just wouldn't be Fleetwood Mac without her. But, I can only think of three artists who have actually sprung from Stevie and her influence and think any of these three could pull it off:

Tori Amos - the love child of Stevie and Elton John. I don't know about the idea of two pianists in the same band but, for me, Amos has always been the natural successor to Stevie in terms of voice and lyric. The only problem I can see here is that Tori is prolific in her own right and losing her own work for the sake of FM would be a shame.

Courtney Love - the Gold Dust Woman riseth. If Courtney could have ever gotten it totally together and cleaned it up - she would have went down as a legend but, instead, its been tabloid and fashion show city for years and its become boring. Say what you want but, Love can write a lyric better than most and in full Venus, can shine just as bright as Stevie.

Florence Welch - I love this idea! She has Stevie's grandiose idea for music and really gives it live but, she is not nearly as established and could easily slide in and out.