View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Nobody read to me as a child

Well, unless you count my third grade teacher (Mrs. Pease) who would read a book a week...It usually did bore me to tears, until she read "Charlotte's Web" and then I wept like a baby...so did the little boys.

I did read a Bobbsie Twins book that I do remember I enjoyed, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it...and I don't even know where the hell I got it from, because it was an old book to begin with.

I didn't really enjoy reading much until High School, where we read Poe, Steinbeck, Hawthorne and Shakespeare...English and Literature were the only subjects I got passing grades in.

Speaking of Judy Blume...(I did read Are You There God It's Me...Margaret, the Fudge Series was a bit before my time) but THE JUDY BLUME book that got passed around my school was FOREVER...I don't know if anyone has read that one, but It was about 2 young lovers, Michael and Katherine...and yes, it was about THE first time!!!

That book got passed around quite a bit and made many of us 8th grade girls blush...especially when referring to the male anatomy The part that made us giggle was when Katherine put after shave on Michael....and not on his face