Flying down Juniper
Freeway of lines
Well, I'll go on home
Kiss it goodbye
Mother and father
Covered in snow
Little children
Going on home

With regard to this second verse of SGCYM and the whole of Flying Down Juniper, when Juniper came out, I said that it reminded me of the X-Files closure, where Mulder finally came to peace with his little sister's death. It seemed a far out comparison at the time (and actually I had a different reason for making the link, which literally had to do with flying), but actually I think there is an eerie element to Lindsey's lyrics that is actually relevant.

Yes, you can say the mother and father covered in snow could be about a family running out and frolicking in the season's first snow together, making snow angels and having fun. But I also see it as tied to death. His parents may be covered in snow because they are no longer alive. Frozen in time. And little children going on home could not be only Greg's death, but the acknowledgment that we grow older, old, become our parents' generation and eventually "go home" and join those that we've lost.

The lyrics are not all good ol' happy days, happy memories. There is an element of happiness in the recollection, but also sadness in the loss.

Of course, people have laughed at Lindsey's home made music video and how he focused on those freeway lines over and over and over again and even though he did that with videos for different songs (i.e. Show You How) and not necessarily SGTCYM or Juniper, obviously the "freeway of lines" he captured on video was a concept from his lyrics here.

Michele